Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Painting Progress Post

 This is one of those "work in progress" posts.

This weekend I finished painting up that part of IR#3 "von Browne". As you can see I had enough figures for one and a half of the four "companies" I'll need for the regiment under the Grant rules. The rest will most likely have to be metals as I've not the plastics to go the whole hog.
 Showing off the drummer with his lace. One of the field officers marches alongside him. Note his deadly pin sword.
I have started work on IR #4, "von Prittwitz". Per "von Browne" it too has the light blue coat, but I shall be changing the small-clothes to white (this will be standard on all Alzheim Line Regiments) and the facings to yellow-buff. That ought to look just right with the pale blue of the coat. I'm very pleased with how the coat looks so far; it's a nice solid block of colour that comes out really nicely against the dark lining-in I've been doing.

The painting so far has all been simple block painting with some lining in to seperate and define areas of colour. It's simple to do and looks nice and bright and is not fussy in the least.

3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Moving forward well...

justMike said...

Yes, well done. I have not envied you the project of preparing that onlder paint job for replacement, but you've new troops look excellent.

Prinz Ulrich von Boffke said...

Agreed! They're coming along very nicely.

Best Regards,

Stokes