Sunday, April 28, 2013

Recent Painting - Off to the Russian Front

BT-7 Light Tanks - Pegasus
 This is what happens when I read the wrong book at the wrong time - in this case Anthony Beevor's "Stalingrad".
BA-6 Armoured Car by Ostmodels
 The BA-6 had been floating about in a box for years, slowly shedding bits as it got knocked around. One quick refurb later...
M30 122mm Howitzer - Zvezda
 I kept the little pegs under the wheels as I'm still thinking about mounting it on the base it came with.
T-70 Light Tank - Plastic Soldier Company
 Not just looking at Stalingrad - I like the Richard Marsh scenario for Kohlm, a winter 1941-2 scenario where a German defensive "hedgehog" must hold out against powerful, but uncoordinated Soviet attacks.
StuIG 33 - Armourfast
 Nice model, shame about the tracks! Great fun to paint though. I'll try to source some stowage as I think this kit really needs some. Decals, too.
Praga Trucks - Ready to Roll
I really like the RTR products. I need another seven of these for my Slovak Rapid Brigade for Rapid Fire and look forward to painting them.

In the short term, I'm looking forward to obtaining and painting some T-26 tanks and some PSC StuG III assault guns.

Don't worry though, I'm still working my way through my Alzheimers and Germans. Oh, and the Fort is now finished! Not totally distracted.

No comments: