Thursday, October 30, 2014

Booyakasha!

 I've been sliding into a bit of a painting slump recently, so I decided to paint something fun.
 I bought these figures about six months ago after reading a fun blog entry on painting them.
 They are cheap, mass market plastic figures that come with a "My Busy Books" book/game thing for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
 I got a couple of the books for about twenty dollars. Each has about a dozen figures in them. The Turtles are the best detailed - only fair! they are the heroes, after all.
I've a Master Splinter and a quartet of evil Foot Clan Ninjas on the blocks with Shredder and April O'Neill coming up behind them. The trick with painting these is to paint the detail on what are fairly simple figures. The next trick will be to base them up on some suitable 30mm bases. I'm thinking of some of those resin, textured types. There are plenty of "streetscape" or cobbled ones for a sewer effect.

Now I just need to come up with a game-in-a-box for them. probably something invoving pizza or mutagen.

And, yes, I am a fan going back to the olf 1987 cartoon series and , no, I have no intention of seeing the movie whatsoever!

2 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

Actually the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (about 20 years ago plus) wasn't that bad. This sounds l;ike a bit of fun!

Fitz-Badger said...

Game in a pizza box? :)
Nicely painted.