Sunday, March 15, 2015

Second Session - IR 5

At the end of the second session the hair and red coat-tails are all complete. I can still afford to be a bit imprecise at this stage as any mistakes will be covered up in later painting stages.

The red coat-tails require an fair amount of concentration due to thenumber of folds and re-entrants in the material.

In the third painting session I will paint the dark blue coats and perhaps finish up with a coat of matt varnish to protect the fairly delicate painted surfaces from any handling they may suffer. In the fourth session I'll be painting the white belt that supports the cartridge box and the white waistbelt. I will not be washing the colour on at this stage as I will be looking for good coverage at this stage of the painting process.

4 comments:

tidders said...

Coming along nicely
-- Allan

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed! This may be just what I need to get myself back to the painting table this evening. What brand(s)/type(s) of paint are you using?

Best Regards,

Stokes

Old School ACW said...

Thanks gents.

Stokes, they're all GW acrylics with the odd Vallejo thrown in. Not unlike what I occasionally spy on your own painting sdsk in the background.

Greg

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Thanks, Greg. Your use of them is yielding extremely pretty results. The blue in your subsequent post is wonderful by the way.

Best Regards,

Stokes