Friday, April 03, 2015

It's taken a while, but...

... I've finally started getting around to basing up my artillery.

I'm considerably under the influence of Keith Flint's proposed games rules at this point in time and as you've guessed am moving smartly away from singly-basing everything.

I've made a start on some of my French guns and limbers.

These are a couple of middle-weight guns, something like 8 pounders. Guns, teams and limbers by RSM.

This is a heavier piece. Pretty sure it's a Holger Ericsson design. The limber an team are once again by RSM, as is the driver. I think the latter is one of the best mounted figures I've ever seen, with lovely, natural posing; a real credit to the sculptor, Steve Hezzlewood.

Next up, I'll start on my Prussian Artillery.


4 comments:

Andy McMaster said...

Those look spot on. I've got a number of the RSM limbers and riders and as you say, the rider is a lovely figure. Talented chap that Mr H!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed! And your treatment of the horses is lovely too. RSM95 (nee Pax Britannica) figures don't get the notice they deserve in today's saturated market of hyper-detailed, overly priced miniatures. You've been a painting machine of late as well. Most impressive brushwork and output, young De Latte. Most impressive.

Best Regards,

Von Tschatschke

Bloggerator said...

Thank-you gentlemen. Now I need more.

Greg

Der Alte Fritz said...

Nicely done !