Monday, March 27, 2023

Holger's Hero's

 I've been spending my time lately on some old Holger Erickson miniatures I had from the enigmatic John P when he fled the darkest West for the Home Counties.

These are almost all in the marching pose. I went a little large on this unit, 30 Musketeers, 6 Grenadiers and a sketchy third rank of a few Pike, a couple of Drummers and NCOs.
Ga Pa!
Those not in the Marching pose were a bit of a grab bag of advancing and firing, so I started work on a small unit of light infantry, the Hinterland Jaeger. I snipped off their bayonests to make them look a little more "jaegery".
I an thinking a dozen to 18 figures.
Finally, I spent the weekend filing down these lads. I'm open to uniform suggestions. 
Just enough of everything to make up a neat, two-gun battery.

I am looking at this army as being my 1700-1720 Alzheim force, so get out those books on the Bavarian Army...


6 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Lovely brushwork there Mr. Horn! For the as yet unpainted, how about a medium gray with navy facings/turnbacks and white socks or gaiters? Red wood and black metal parts for the cannon?

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

I could work with that Stokes. Yes, I could.

Rob said...

Gorgeous shiny old-school figures. As for your artillery, you probably want grey (blue facings?) for Bavarians but as this is an imagination, why not the Russian uniform in red (black facings)?

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Oooo, yes! Red with black facings. A striking combination of colors. Good suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Dan Foley said...

Nice figures those Holger Eriksson's. Tradition of London has added Russians to complement the HE Swedes.

Bloggerator said...

Dan - yes, I noticed those.

I may deliberately have left the coats on these lads darker then the pale "Alzheimerblau" so they could pass for Swedes.

Greg