Monday, October 05, 2020

What a difference two days makes...

 I got busy with the scissors and glue over the weekend and knocked out some more stands of Gallic infantry. This is what 12 stands looks like all in a row:

And with the stands doubled per the rules in the "Roman Invasion" Paperboys book. Warbands are meant to be 6-10 stands strong, so I'll be splitting this and adding a few more to get a couple of nice, hefty warbands to terrorise the Romans with.

I love the density of these formations. As everyone seems to be saying, they look great in large numbers.

And who is this? Why, it's Julius Caesar, of course, doubtless ready to pen his version of "The Gallic Wars".


2 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

The density of the formations is excellent. I have played Ancients since the seventies ( wrg 5th, 6th and now dbm) and have never achieved quite the effect the paper soldiers have en masse. I really think you are onto something here. I look forward to to seeing this project’s progression.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

I. Must. Resist. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so, dash it all.

Best Regards,

Stokes