Sunday, January 23, 2022

Grand Parade

Everyone likes a parade and I thought this was a good moment to take a breath and see how my FIW French army is looking. So, and without further ado, the infantry:
Here we have the "Bearn" and "La Sarre" Regiments. I have had various figures of these in my collection for years and they have represented all sorts. They are now settling down into their proper identities, although you mau still note the occasional inconsistency in their uniforms!

Here we can see progress on my version of the "La Reine" Regiment. It's currently at about the 60% mark, however I expect a delivery of figurs in the near future which will allow me to get to the end of the unit in pretty short order. I am choosing the same castings as I used in the "La Sarre" - kneeling at the ready in the front rank and giving fire in the second. Not really according to the drill book, but they do give the impression of a firing line. I will be using Davids' flags.

What's an army without it's brains? Successful? Perhaps? Who can tell! Nonetheless, this is my small collection of staff and hangers on that no 18th Century army should be without.
Le Corps Royale de la Artillerie. Heavy metal indeed.  I probably should supplement their numbers with more gunners in infantry uniforms to do the grunt work. 

I have another 20 or so resin Gabions that I need to paint up.

And finally, the Noble Savages who live in man's natural state, uncorrupted by civilisations' influence and ready to set the frontier ablaze... if it suits their own purposes. Ah, Rousseau.

5 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

Lovely collection, some great miniatures in it.

tradgardmastare said...

Superb muster of these splendid fellows.

Bloggerator said...

Thanks chaps. Onward!

David Morfitt said...

Looking very good; and am pleased to see some of my flags in action too! :-)

Cheers,

David.

Wellington Man said...

We need more parades, Stokes! Just lovely.
Best regards
WM