Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Arquebusiers de Grassin

 

Straight from the workbench to you.

I just completed a couple of test figures for a long mooted unit of the famous Arquebusiers de Grassin. Famous? Well wargame-famous anyway from Charles Grants' book on the Battle of Fontenoy where they held the Bois de Berry against the 42nd Foot.

I think I have about 16 miniatures in all sorts of paint as I probably bought them 25 years ago.

That's changing now as they are all getting a repaint and rebase to my current standard and will be fleshed out to the full "Charge!" establishment of two 12-figure companies plus various officers, NCOs, musicians, standard-bearers, whores, jugglers and mountebanks.

Flags will be by David:

https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-flags-of-french-volontaires-de.html

5 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Now you're talking!!! Very eager to see the finished unit.

Kind Painterly Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

Cheers Stokes. Keen to get moving on it myself,

Greg

Donnie McGibbon said...

Cracking looking figure and such a lovely uniform, really be good to see the finished unit.

Rob said...

A classic gaming unit. My AdG are SSMs (metal) and also organised for CHARGE! But those rules make them really lethal so I’ve had to restrain them a bit.

Bloggerator said...

Cheers Donnie.

I am looking to making some real progress over the weekend.

Rob, yes, I've heard that the Light Infantry need a little hobbling.

All the best,

Greg