Sunday, July 07, 2024

Back on the Tools

Or back on the Prussians at least. After a remarkably long wait, a small parcel of figures arrived in the mailbox last week, all the way from Sweden. Hurrah, I thought, my Stadden Prussians have arrived! I have myself a couple of days to psych myself up, then turned with due heroism to the task of removing flash. Done and now primed, I started painting.
The proud Fahnenjunker bears before him the Leibfahne of IR#5
For my next trick... the Regimentsfahne.

7 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Rather spiffing brushwork thus far, old bean!

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Donnie McGibbon said...

Super figure and a good start, flag looks great.

Rob said...

Nice! That's a really nicely etched flag - clear detail but so exaggerated it's hard to get the brush into it. I look forward to see ing both when finished.

John Ray said...

Always liked the Stadden SYW miniatures.
Is this the original standard bearer or an updated version?

I look forward to following your progress.

Regards
John

Tiberian general said...

Very nicely painted flag, lovely figure.

Willz.

Bloggerator said...

Thanks gents.

I'm working on the Regimentsfahne at the moment. Yes, the etching of the flag certainly gives the brush something to follow which makes it a lot easier than free handing.

John, the figures are original Stadden and are among my favourites.

Regards,

Greg

David Morfitt said...

Very nicely done - and unusual to see flags done this way!