Tuesday, September 03, 2024

The High Command

So to speak.

Some years ago I inherited a random and diverse collection of French for Egypt. Some were Willies for the later battles of the campaign, ditto some Old Glory. I believe they were surplus from the Collection of Charles Grant which he's probably had in the 1990s while he was writing his books on the campaign and his series of articles for Practical Wargamer.

Some bits of this collection were useful and joined my current army which is my round about way of saying I painted something.

I forget which regiment this is...
Will he be the beginning of another regiment or will he hang about the Corsican Tyrant?
One just needs a large enough piece of plastic to mount them on.
I do like the uniform and will likely do a unit. I am keeping my French cavalry units fairly small as they did not get to Egypt in any great strength. The 7eme bis Hussars are 8 troopers and an officer for example, and that's the standard I'll build the two mooted units of Dragoons I have in mind as well.

Well, that's enough 'castles in the air' for one day.

Keep on smiling. 


2 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

Lovely figure and very nicely painted too, very impressive!

Rob said...

Looking forward to seeing these armies in action. The early revolutionary uniforms are somehow more attractive and the Mameluks are just, well... exotic!