Monday, September 16, 2024

Yes, yes, I fell down a rabbit hole.

 One dug by Lord of the Rings.

That'll teach me to watch a few episodes of Amazon's "Rings of Power".

I pulled out my pile of LotR shame, and oo-er, it's a big one.

I was thinking, Uruk Hai, Minas Tirith, Warg riders...

So this happened over the weekend.


They need finishing, but that is how I am heading. I think I have 8 or 9 painted and another 6 or 7 in various states. Enough to give Rohan some trouble.

The GW Uruks always suffered from bendy or plain old broken pikes, but I have salvaged a dozen which are now now on the paint bench.


Wouldn't a pike block of 60 of these fellows look good? 3 ranks, 20 files. And because pikes are Landsknechty, I had to do this:

Nothing like a Berserker with a two-handed sword for ruining your day.
And then there was Minas Turith. I have a few goodies and some scattered infantry, but, I want to go fairly big on this army, so went for this for the core of the army.

I'd add Citadel Guard and Guardians of the Fountain Court and probably more knights as well. However, I think this is a good start!


5 comments:

Pjotr said...

I know the feeling. After a long time away I'm back in the hobby. Wandering the net during sleepless nights led me down the rabbit hole of Britains Deetail and Lion Rampant.
https://nyudrevchronicles.blogspot.com/
Do come say hello.
Best Wishes,
Peter

Donnie McGibbon said...

A good rabbit hole to disappear down that's for sure! I had a load of LoTR stuff way back but have moved them on, so I will be interested in seeing where this one goes.

Bloggerator said...

Hoping for decent sized Ork, Ork and Minas Tirith forces to complement my large Rohan army!

Bloggerator said...

That 2nd ork is Uruk Hai!

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Yes The Rings of Power has got me looking at my figures again.