Friday, April 06, 2007

Dragoon Regiment Kurfurstin



Also called Kaiserin fom October 1744 until October 1745 and Piosasque thereafter, I've based this dragoon regiment on the 1740 version of the uniform mentioned in Stephen Manleys excellent uniform guide to the War of the Austrian Succession. Significantly though, he neglects to tell us what colour the small-clothes were. I opted for buff as the "best guess".

This regiment was organised into three squadrons each of four troops. One troop (represented here) was designated as Grenadiers. In my organisation, I am using three figures to represent a troop and thus a dozen for a squadron. When they are fighting dismounted (an option I'm going to allow myself), two figures from each squadron must remain behind as horse-holders.

I'm piecing the regiment together from odds and ends while I await my last RSM order. The horse closest the camera is from Eureka.

5 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

I like them! Keep up the good work and continue to show us these pretty pictures.


-- Jeff of Saxe-Bearstein

Anonymous said...

Are these fellows in the Austrian army? You did not say in your commentary.

Bloggerator said...

They are from the Bavarian Army. The castings are not quite right for the 1740s - the troopers ought not have lapels on their coats, although they'd probably do for the SYW, I think.

Regards,

Greg

Anonymous said...

Great work!
League of Ancients next meeting is the 22nd of this month not the 15th.

Bloggerator said...

Still at the Tivoli?