Friday, January 26, 2007

Finished Grenadiers



Here they are, all done.

I'
m pleased with how they tirned out. They do have some inaccuracies - the officer should not be wearing a moustache and he ought to be carrying a fusil and wearing a belly-pouch. Overall though, I'm not displeased. The ribbons on the queues turned out OK, but could have been better - I have a long way to go with my Green Stuff technique.

9 comments:

Grimsby Mariner said...

Nice work. By the time of the Seven Years war had the Bavarians then reverted to the norm where NCO's wore the same colour coat as the line (during the WSS they wore the reveresd coat and the musicians wore the line coat - something I found out only after I'd painted mine!).

Grimsby Mariner said...

Nice work. By the time of the Seven Years war had the Bavarians then reverted to the norm where NCO's wore the same colour coat as the line (during the WSS they wore the reveresd coat and the musicians wore the line coat - something I found out only after I'd painted mine!).

Bloggerator said...

I think all the Bavarian Infantry were in blue by the war of the Austrian Succession at least.

All the best,

Greg

Bluebear Jeff said...

They look good. One thing I might suggest, for the figures that I've put on GW slotta-bases, I've first put a strip of adhesive over the slot (so there is no gap). What I've used is strips cut from address labels.


-- Jeff

Grand Duchy of Stollen 1768 said...

Morning Greg,

Great looking figures! I think you "greenstuff technique" looks mighty good.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Naftoli said...

Very impressive!! Keep up the great work.

Stryker said...

Greg,

Very nice paint job! I note the comment about the slotta-bases. Here in the UK you can get 'closed' GW slotta-bases (without the slot!) which gets around the problem...

Ian

Bluebear Jeff said...

Another thought on bases . . . with my Blood Bowl teams, I filled the "hollow underside" of the slotta-bases with spackle (the putty stuff they seal walls with), which gave them a nice weighted base for more stability.


-- Jeff

Bloggerator said...

Ultimately (and I do mean ultimately!) I intend to texture the bases properly with putty, ballast &c. Being a dreadful procrastinator and not really enjoying the task, I have put this off and off until I have more than 400 figures to base properly.

Err, I think I have a problem...

Greg