Thursday, September 21, 2006

Volontaires du Dauphnie


A bit of an update photo - we are now up to 10 figures out of a projected 16. Forgive the photo - I tried and tried last night to get a decent image and this was the best of them.

You'll notice that the bases are a bit larger than for my regular troops. The idea is to enforce the looser order I imagine the lights would have, and to ensure they cannot put the volume of fire onto a target that the regulars could with their closer order.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Well, I think that the photo looks pretty good (especially when enlarged by clicking on it).


-- Jeff

http://saxe-bearstein.blogspot.com/

Grand Duchy of Stollen 1768 said...

I second the motion! I just can't get over the lovely shade of blue you used for the coats.

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

Bloggerator said...

Hi Stokes - it's Vallejo 963 Medium Blue with a dash of white added. I then applied it with a large brush almost as a wash - it had a brush-full of water dropped in to thin it. When it was dry, i gave it a thinned wash of brown ink before re-setting the base colour and then doing the usual high-lighting and black-lining. Not too much black-lining, this time, really just on the belts and tops of the gaiters.

All the best,

Greg