Monday, January 21, 2013

Painting Doldrums

Oh, they come around once, twice, maybe thrice a year. You know them, and so do I. The dreaded painting doldrums.

Can't be bothered. feel too lazy to put the effort in. Current painting is a chore rather than something you're reluctant to be seperated from.

Sigh.

Time to break out the standard cureswhich are:

1. Take some time off painting. Read a book. Play with the kids. Get some more sleep.

1.1 Read something to re-invigorate your desire to paint.

2. Paint something you want to paint. At the moment, I am grinding away at a unit of Bengal Lancers for the big CanCon event next weekend. It will be a tight finish and I am not enjoying the miniatures. I think I need to paint something for myself.

Enough complaining - I now return you to your regular programming.

4 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Ah, yes. I'm struggling with the same condition myself right now. Painting ennui or some such thing. Sigh.

Von Tschatschke

Bloggerator said...

Yes, a bit of a pain.

Sigh, indeed.

de L

fireymonkeyboy said...

I'll often switch to something completely different. I'm a fan of MMORPGs, f'instance.

Fitz-Badger said...

Yep, I know what you mean, and the "cures". The thing is, this is a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. If it feels like a chore there's nothing wrong with doing something else fun instead. (it's tough though if one is committed to doing some painting; for pay, for a scheduled game with other people involved, or other deadline. I guess the only thing to do then is get it done and reward yourself afterwards.)
good luck!