Sunday, October 19, 2014

Clearing the Desk

I have I think a working surface that is about 120cm by 60cm.

It is completely covered in various bits in odd stages of completion.

I have decided it's time for a bit of a focus on cleaning things up.

Nothing new until the back of this is broken.

So, to begin, I painted these:

A pair of Spencer Smith plastic artillery pieces to add to my Imperials.
 I played about with a couple of different approaches, but in the end, the white undercoat seemed best with the yellow carriages. And I was pleased with the "naive" style of the nails or rivets or whatever they are called.
I am very happy with how the gun barrels came out.

Next I'll get cracking on my ECW cavalry. I have eighteen that are about 95% done. Shall we say about two hours' work?

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

I was thinking of you today, old bean. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking down under. The guns look appealing. Where on earth did you come across Spencer Smith artillery pieces in plastic though?

Best Regards,

Von Tschatschke

Bloggerator said...

Hi S,

Still here. Just not a lot of time going begging with Madam being up in your neck of the woods.

The guns were very kindly donated by a gent on the OSW group when I put the call out about a year back. I have another carriage and a wheel that will need supplementing from Spencer Smith's spared.

Liked the guitar story, BTW. He's a lucky boy.

Cheers,

Greg

Bluebear Jeff said...

The artillery looks great . . . but I am waiting for the ECW Cavalry since I am getting ready to paint some myself and want to see how you paint them.


-- Jeff