Monday, August 16, 2021

A Change of Scene

 Time to take a little break from 1/72 panzer grenadiers and let my eyes rest for a while on something larger and yet also simpler.

I went and pulled out the Comardo Collection of cavalry with my son and arranged them all on the floor of the shedio. We picked out four units for renovation, and if I had been thinking straight this morning I would have shot all four of them, but that's me without coffee.

So the idea is I'll go nuts on them for the next six weeks and se if I can get thru four units of 27 figs.
That should get my ratios of SSM infantry better in keeping with the cavalry arm. 

The idea is to repaint them while honouring their original look. They are old veterans with a lot of years on them and they deserve to be remembered in their old livery - or at least a modenised version thereof. 

Just crane your neck to the right
This is a couple of them post renovation. So, more or less a German Cuirassier on the left or- -ah - top with a French Cavalerie Legere to the right.

6 comments:

The Tiberian General. said...

These are my favourite cavalry figures, I love the style and elegance of the one piece moulding. I find them very easy and enjoyable to paint, though I do replace the sword with a panel pin.
I wish a modern figure manufacturer would do this style figure in hard plastic.
Looking forward to seeing the finished troops.

Stay safe and happy gaming,
Willz Harley.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Very handsome renovations. Looking very forward to seeing these take shape in the coming weeks.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

Willz, yes, so do I. Always been a fan of the one-piece casting. Cavalry does not need to be complicated. Love what I've seen of your own work on the VWC.

Stokes, I'll endeavour not to disappoint! the next 14 have been prepped and undercoated.

Regards,

Greg

David Morfitt said...

Ah - classic and very appealing figures that would grace any wargames table. Good luck with the renovation work!

Cheers,

David.

Chris Gregg said...

You've done a great job on the renovated ones, made them look quite up to date! Good luck completing the goal.
cheers
Chris G

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Chris,

I'm at the halfway point and am prepping the next dozen figures at the moment. Onward!

Regards,

Greg