Saturday, February 12, 2022

Great War Figures

 Once upon a time I found a UK company called The Honourable Lead Boiler Suit. They had a magnificent range of Great War figures. 28-30mm scale, the anatomy that was just so, the research behind the figures was exemplary.

I bought a few samples (about 15 or so) and admired them greatly before partially painting them and then putting them aside.

I mean, seriously, what's not to love? The bugler? The officer with his coat draped over his shoulders?

Well, the inevitable happened and I decided I wanted more and of course they had gone out of production.

Let this be a lesson to all who read. Strike while the iron is hot!

I suppose the Plan B is Raventhorpe.

I already have this Rapid Fire! battalion I made for a planned Safi game as part of operation Torch which are useable as they are.

And wouldn't these fellows look dapper in Horizon Bleu?

4 comments:

David Morfitt said...

The bugler and officer do certainly have character. It's a pity the firm went out of business.

Horizon blue is very attractive, isn't it? Much better than all those khaki shades - and where are all the colourful flags... ;-)

Cheers,

David.

Bloggerator said...

Ha, yes indeed.

Regards,

Greg

Stryker said...

That's happened to me as well looking to top up on figures I probably bought 20 years ago!

What about IT Figures 20mm WW1 range? I have a few and they are very nice and appear to still be available from frontlinewargaming.

Bloggerator said...

Stryker, yes, I have been looking there as well and they are certainly my next choice.

I've had dealings with frontline in the past and have always had a favorable impression.

Regards,

Greg