Thursday, April 14, 2022

Mr Stadden at Waterloo

 Inspired by yesterdays' Minot-fondling I rose early (Was it only 05.30? Surely not!) I combed through my small collection of vintage 30mm Napoleonic miniatures. I was seeking inspiration. I found it in the form, of a Stadden British company officer - still available from Tradition. he was in a bit of a state. Originally painted in enamels, his white trousers were patchy and scarred and his jacket was much chipped. His sword was bent and one corner of his base was turned over upon itself.

Tsk! This would ever do! I cannot think of a single officer of the British Army who would permit himself to meet the enemy in such a state! So, out with the red (albeit with a dab of brown to dull it down), the grey for new trousers, a dab of bright gold here and there and a lovely bright silver for his carefully straightened sword blade.

Ready for anything the French can throw his way.

He is now able to meet the French upon terms that would not be an embarrassment.



4 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

Great posts on Stadden and Minot figures, they really are lovely, really enjoyed seeing them.

Bloggerator said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them Donnie.

Greg

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

A handsome specimen, young Sir!

Kind Regards,

Stokes


P.S.
By the way, yours is one of the few blogs to which I can still post comments. It's a sign!

David Morfitt said...

Actually, reading accounts of the dress of British officers in the Peninsular War in their memoirs, I suspect he would not be at all out of place in "tat" order! But I'm sure he would prefer to be tarted up... :-)

Cheers,

David.