Sunday, June 19, 2022

Prince Rupert of the Rhine. And Friends.

For no good reason I have spent the past few days renovating some old Willie favourites; their ECW range

 I think my love for these figures comes out of reading Ian Weekley terrain modelling articles in Military modelling in the 1980s. There were areticles on making ECW fortifications and Manor houses, and the scenes were liberally dressed with Willie figures. Now, my old Airfix/Dapol houses are not quite at that same standard, nonetheless, they set the scene nicely, especially the thatched cottage.

More over the next few days as I put out a few more.

6 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Some fetching figures there, Greg. Cool houses too. His building how-to articles were great, but I always wanted to see more of Mr. Weekley's collection(s) in those MM, MW, and early WI articles.

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Donnie McGibbon said...

Lovely looking figures, they look top notch, the buildings look fine as well!

The Good Soldier Svejk said...

Classic figures, never bettered I believe.

Bloggerator said...

Thanks gents,

Stokes, I think a nice little project would be to catalogue as many of the Ian Weekley articles as possible. I have pretty god collections of Mil Mod, WI and PW, so I could have a go.

Thanks Donnie and Tony. I agree on the 'never bettered' although... you know, larger and more diverse would have not hurt the range either.... :^)

Greg

tradgardmastare said...

These look splendid, with such fun to come…

Bloggerator said...

Trad, I am looking forward to it.