Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Old School Franco-Prussian War

 I have been doing a little painting these last couple of weeks and decided it was time to do a small update on a project of - er - mature years.

So, quite some time ago I started painting some Willie Franco-Prussian War figures. I wanted a very definite style for the figures and basing and this was what I came up with on my first unit.

I liked that very much so I applied it to my first cavalry unit.
 


Very much in favour of how that turned out! So, I cracked on and painted four Bavarian Infantry and primed another eight and... then... ran out of steam.


Basing is a work in progress, however, still I'm liking the result.


I'll finish them up tonight.



Consider this a slow Zoom.

The horse-holder needs a rifle and something to connect him to the horse.


Don't talk to him about Blood and Iron.

Coming up, I have a French Line Infantry unit that just needs a few touches and it'll be finished.

7 comments:

Donnie McGibbon said...

Lovely painting and those miniatures are really superb, I don't think I have ever seen these painted up before and they are cracking, the basing really works as well, top notch all round!!

Aly Morrison said...

Wonderful Old School(The only school) loveliness…
Beautifully painted.
Edward Suren made some wonderful miniatures…

All the best. Aly

Bloggerator said...

Hello Donnie, thanks for your kind comments, I do appreciate it. I'd only ever seen one or two painted myself.

Regards,

Greg

Bloggerator said...

Hello Aly, for my taste Edward Suren remains un-matched in many ways. His grasp of anatomy was second to none and the figures always seem to offer a sly hint of caricature that I find very appealing.

Best wishes,

Greg

Bloggerator said...

PS, if only he's done some gunners and mounted officers for this range! :)

Rob said...

These are so full of charm, and Bismarck is a tour de force.

Bloggerator said...

Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for the kind comment.

That Blucher figure also doubles as Buller in my Boer War British army!

Regards,

Greg