Thursday, August 25, 2011

Alzheimer Jaeger

Last night I got cracking on some of the Jaeger. In the end I decided on a fairly traditional look for them with their red-faced, green coats. I made a small nod at their Alzheimer origins by giving them white small clothes and red neck-stocks. Having done that I could only further compound the impracticality of the uniform by having each man wear his hair powdered. I mean, you just would, wouldn't you?
 The hat is a bit of a nod to the European light infantry as practised in central Europe; it's meant to be a leather casque. If you look closely, there is a bit of brass edging, doubtless designed to turn a sabre-blow. I'm sure it has saved many a trooper!
Note also (if you wish) the blanket-roll on top of the knapsack in Alzheim Blue. I did that to help tie them to the line infantry.

There you go. Next is another couple of troopers and an officer. I'm hoping to have a dozen or fourteen figures ready for the weekend.

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

At this rate, Greg, you might just shake me out of my painting malaise. Lovely figures. How anyone claims not to "get" Spencer Smiths, I'll never understand. Keep plugging away.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Fitz-Badger said...

The jaegers are looking good.

tradgardmastare said...

Business-like chaps in striking uniform- keep going...