Friday, November 05, 2021

Mr Long Tom

 

From TVAG..? Maybe..?
I forget where I got my Le Creusot "Long Tom". I bought it originally because I wanted some 19th Century "Siege Artillery" for my FPW collection, but with that on a long hiatus, I thought that my Boers might have a better use for it.

I have no idea whether the colour of the carriage is right, but I think it will do.

Rampaging around the 'net the other day, I note that Askari Miniatures do a very suitable Krupp 75mm gun and limber that I must pick up three of each to make up a Boer Staatsartillerie battery for TSatF. I note also Mr Askari has some Krupp mountain guns that wil do nicely for my Willie British.

5 comments:

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

A nice acquisition. What's a Boer force without a Long Tom and a PomPom?

Bloggerator said...

Cheers Ross, indeed. I ought to get one of the old Houston pom-poms. I think they do one on a field carriage.

Sgt. Guinness said...

Looks the business! I’m slowly building forces for this campaign as well. I think the Askari guns will suite you well. I’ve recently built and painted several for my various armies. You can see them on my blog if you’re interested. I’m
looking forward to seeing your progress with this period.

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Sarge.

I have gotten my hands on a few of the guns and limbers since I posted this. As soon as I am through with my current FIW surge, I'll return to them with superglue in hand.

Merry Christmas to you,

Greg

Sgt. Guinness said...

Greg, thank you, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Askari make some of the best limbers.