Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Oh, for the Wars of Louis Quatorze..!

Six figures in in three days. These fellows could be from a number of different Regiments and I have gone for Grancey because a) red facings and b) their musicians used Livree du Roi. They are not terribly accurate as I think their 12 Apostles equipment is a little old-fashioned for the period. I've also had to guess a couple of details - i.e. did the NCOs have metallic lace on their hats and as a sign of rank on their cuffs? I have chosen to believe that yes, by god, they did.

The next batch. On inaccuracy, keen students of military dress will note that this Willie drummer is more suited to traipsing about Tangier in the 1670s. Perhaps with Teviot. Nonetheless, he's the only musician in the range, so I am going with it. 


Here's a challenge. Will I finish the unit by the weekend?
 

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Handsome figures!

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Stokes.

These sculpts have held up very well.

Donnie McGibbon said...

Very nice indeed, they are lovely figures, full of style and your work on them is super. Looking forward to seeing the completed unit.