Monday, October 09, 2023

Let the refurbishment continue..!

 

Gritty pseudo-Frenchmen
I have - um - large numbers of 2nd-3rd edition metal Brettonian infantry that much younger me painted up in the styles that were in vogue back in the day. Looking at them closely, I decided me of today couldn't really do all that much better, so apart from a bit of touching up and some minor changes is the beginning of a unit of Men At Arms led by the Sieur de Thionville Roderick who has deigned to dismount for the task.

Bold Bretonnian Archers
Not quite Robin Hood and his Merry Men, but still, most of my first unit of Archers. I believe they were sculpted by the Perrys back in the day. I think that they are nice miniatures that have stood the test of time due to their essentially sound design.

Assume Lance Formation...
I have finished my first full Bretonnian unit of 'Knights of the Realm', being a mixture of old multi-part metal riders on plastic horses and the completely plastic minis that are contemporary with the mono-pose 6th edition Archers whom I have bales of. Some, like Mr Blue-and-White stripes at the front are newly painted, while others have merely been touched up


1 comment:

David Morfitt said...

Those knights on barded horses are splendid figures! :-)